5 Ways to Make Working Out Fun
Maybe you hate going to the gym. Maybe you wish you could like it more. Maybe you look at your friends who love it and you are super annoyed. HAHA (we hear ya). But there are just a few simple things you can do to make yourself enjoy it more and even make it (dare we say) FUN. Hey, the more you enjoy it, the more successful you are going to be.
1. CHANGE YOUR MIND. Believe it or not, what you tell yourself actually comes true. Once, I told myself I hated chocolate so that I would stop eating chocolate. I mean, chocolate is amazing (I was young and silly) who hates chocolate? This is a ridiculous example, but it proves the point... what you tell yourself becomes true. When I teach fitness classes and the going gets tough and I can tell the class is struggling, I yell, "Tell yourself you like it!" This change in attitude can make a world of difference!
2. IDENTIFY YOUR "WHY." This is amazing advice for anything you want to accomplish. When you know WHY you are doing something, you are so much more likely to continue working on doing it. Be super specific here. Do just say, "to get in better shape." Say, "to loose 15 pounds and be able to run a 5K without stopping." Have really concrete goals that you can actually measure!
3. FIND SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO! Working out is more fun if it's well... fun! That's why we work so hard to make Triathamom a really fun event for you guys. But your training should be fun too. So try different classes. Maybe mountain biking, standup paddle boarding, martial arts. Ask around and see what other people do for a fun workout. And then don't be afraid to get outside your comfort zone.
4. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. Find classes that you like. Or maybe a group of friends you walk or jog with. The support of the group is invaluable. People tend to work harder when they are with others. And it doesn't hurt your motivation when you're friend or group is counting on you. This is also a great option to keep you accountable.
5. SIGN UP FOR AN EVENT. I mean, call us biased, but we think signing up for an event if one of the very best ways to make working out more fun! You have a concrete goal and you can draw energy from the other women participating. Just planning on it and "maybe" doing it won't provide the same motivation as actually signing up and fully committing.
It's your life, you health. You can take charge of it. And it can be AMAZING! We believe in you!